Ski touring in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
The mountains have always been a place of longing for lovers of nature. The number one destination to flee from hectic city life. The place where you can go back to the roots and focus on the essential things in life. While ski touring in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, you’ll experience authentic and pristine nature to the fullest.
Let your legs carry you up the snow-covered mountain leaving behind nothing but a few tracks in the snow. Once you reach the summit, you’re rewarded with a picture-book view of the mountains in the Werdenfels region. And as if that wasn’t enough: You get to swoosh downhill through the pristine powder snow afterwards. Garmisch-Partenkirchen will enchant you with an idyllic winter landscape and with lots of ski tours to choose from. All you have to do is take your pick!
- You’re surrounded by nature. Peaceful, quiet and idyllic – in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, you’re right at the centre of one of the most beautiful ski touring resorts. Far away from the hustle and bustle on the slopes, you can strap on your touring skis and head into snowy joy!
- It’s the perfect combo. What makes ski touring so unique? The combination of experiences in nature, athletic challenge and pure fun during the descent. The Bavarian mountains provide a beautiful location for that.
- It adds variety to your winter holiday. Extreme sports fan or ski touring newbie – in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, anyone can experience the fascination that is ski touring. Numerous routes for all levels of skill make that possible!
Touring evenings for ski tourers
When the sun disappears behind the summits and only the moon lights up your tracks in the snow – that’s when magical moments are bound to happen. During an evening ski tour in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, all you can hear is the soft crunching of the snow under your skis.
An exceptional experience that you can enjoy on Tuesdays and Thursdays: The Bavarian Zugspitzbahn cable car company invites people on a touring evening on those days. The tour will lead you up to 1,340 metres above sea level onto the Hausberg in Garmisch. If the 1.5-hour ascent doesn’t challenge you enough, just take a little break at Drehmöser 9 and then continue to the Kreuzalm or the Kreuzeckhaus.
Tour tip: out and about on the Wank
More and more winter sports enthusiasts are discovering the joy of ski touring. No wonder – there are so many breathtaking mountains that you can climb! For instance, the Wank in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. In winter, this scenic-view mountain belongs to the powder-snow fans. That’s where ski tourers can enjoy some solitude in nature – followed by a thrilling descent into the valley.
Here’s what to keep in mind while ski touring:
- Ascents and descents are undertaken at your own risk and responsibility.
- It is absolutely prohibited to enter closed slopes.
- All skiers must observe the local advice and route guidelines.
- On closed slopes, groomers operate with cable winches. This can cause life-threatening danger!